Saturday, June 10, 2006

Inaugural Run

I just got home from my first run for the next half marathon I'm running. I decided to run the Anaheim/Disneyland Half Marathon in September. A four month commitment this time around which leaves me plenty of free time to do as I wish around the holidays.

Overall today was a good run. I met up with the team in Golden Gate Park. We ran along the beach on highway 1 and it was just an awesome feeling to be out there again. The ocean was gorgeous, the salt air so crisp and fresh. :-) Did I mention I love water?? Ironically, I still don't enjoy running like a lot of people do, and I certainly don't think of myself as a runner yet, but when you're with other people and helping out a good cause, that selfish view seems insignificant compared to the bigger picture.

We had the option to run 1 or 2 miles and I opted for the 2 miles. What the heck, you know? LOL. I ended up in a pace group of 4 people. 2 guys and 2 gals. I met one guy today who was the friendliest thing in the world. :-) The other guy had left by the time I got situated with the sign up sheets and such, so I guess I'll see him next time! The other gal in my group is my co-worker. More on her in another post.

So here I go again...


Good-bye: crazy partying on Friday (as if I ever had a social life to begin with?? lol)

Hello: early bedtime and lots of rest


Good-bye: weekend 'me' time and social events

Hello: Saturdays dedicated to running


Good-bye: lazy weekdays

Hello: gym time


Good-bye: lattes, fast food, and all things bad for you

Hello: bananas, spinach, and carbs. Yeck.


Good-bye: caffeine, alcohol, and sugary juices

Hello: water, gatorade, and GU.


Anyway, wish me luck with the running. :-)

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker