Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Miss My Dad

Words can't describe what I'm feeling. I started to compose a father's day post and just remembering is too painful right now. I'm sobbing hysterically now. I'm just at a loss for words. Grief just sneaks up on you sometimes, doesn't it? It's weird. Some days I can talk about him and everything is fine. Other days or moments like now and a mere memory or thought just triggers a cascade of tears and sobs. It's been 15 years since he died and the pain and anguish is still as deep and strong as it was then. I miss him.

I wish he was here.

I'm sorry for SO many things.

My memories are fading.

I can't remember much about him.

Why so soon in my life?

I resent growing up so fast.

My poor mom.

The last year of his life, a blur.

The last moments of his life, etched in my memory.

I just want him here.

I can't stop crying. I can't stop regretting. I can't stop wondering what ifs. I can't stop replaying those last moments, the last months.

I love you, Dad. I wish you were here with me now.

5 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

((RM))

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...

*hugs*

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. *hugs to you*

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger b said...

(((hugs)))

I understand. I really do. AM thinking of you, my friend.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Ajeya said...

*BIG hug* take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker