Saturday, June 24, 2006

Run #3

Today's run was 3 miles. My pace group ran it in 39:13. About a 13 minute mile using the 3 min run : 1 min walk ratio. Not bad, although for some reason I was struggling a bit today. We also ran it along the beach today instead of through Golden Gate Park like last week. And today was super foggy!! It was nice, actually. It was almost like a small 'getaway' because of the stark contrast to clear, sunny skies on the peninsula.

I finally met Steve, the other guy who had been MIA the last couple of weeks. Turns out he's actually the director of the SF AIDS Foundation, which is the group that I'm running with again. Pretty cool! He's been in the position for only 6 months and this is his first half marathon! I have such admiration for people who just continually challenge themselves in so many ways. I hope to grow old gracefully like that. It's just such a privilege to be sharing this experience with them.

Irma and I grabbed Korean food for lunch when we got back to our side of the bay. MMMmmm... so tasty!! :-)

She and I had a great talk over lunch. I've known her ever since I started working at my company about 6 years ago, but only worked in the same group with her for the last ~2 years, until the recent reorg that switched me to another group a few months ago. We never really had much overlap or spent much time together until recently.

I'm going to miss the next two runs due to my trip, so 4 miles will be run in Houston and 5 miles will be run in Phoenix. Let's hope I stay disciplined enough to keep up with the maintenance runs!

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker