Sunday, June 25, 2006

Drawing Near To God

Worship.

What does this word bring to mind?

The last few weeks that I've been to church I can't contain myself during the praise and worship part of service. When I'm singing along, I feel like my heart is wanting to jump out out of my body and declare how wonderful God is and all the magnificent ways He's been working in my life. I find myself singing louder, I find myself lifting my hands, clapping, dancing, and just shouting unto the Lord. It's weird. All my life I never really understood some of these demonstrative folks in church, and even in the last year since I've been attending this church, I often thought I just wasn't getting something, as if I had missed a memo somewhere along the way.

And now?

Now I've become one of them. I get it. I get how real and magnificent He is. The Lord is so in me now. He's so near to me. His presence is everywhere and I see it in everything and everyone I meet now. And those of you who are standing where I once was, on the outside looking in and scratching your heads, I pray that God will reveal himself to you when it's your time and when it's according to His plans for your life. You'll see. One day it will happen and you'll never be the same.

It really is all about Him. It really is all about offering up your life to Him as a sacrifice of praise. To thank him for being who He is and for always loving me even during the darker times of my life when I was pursuing selfish desires of my own will. God had never changed. He's always been the same omnipotent God who was there all throughout my life, but who was waiting for me to open myself up to Him. God doesn't force himself into your life. He patiently waits, continues to work in you, but never forces you to partner up with Him. He wants that relationship with you, but he waits until you ask. He doesn't want someone to follow Him blindly. Keep seeking your truth. Keep testing your faith. Keep asking questions and keep on keeping on.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Love ya,
RM

1 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Ajeya said...

Unlike our conventional 'vision' in life, God can only be seen when we open our hearts not just our eyes. Wonderful post! Especially the last bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker