Saturday, February 18, 2006

Reflections

As some of you know, I had actually started this blog back in November. I was loving the blog life, when something happened. A 'security breach' occurred in January. I was sent into a panic.

Somehow certain close family and friends got a hold of the blog url and I was sent in a tizzy because this is meant to be a journal - a private journal. Or, at least as private as it can get, you know? Some of my earlier posts about my family didn't paint the nicest picture, so I quickly took down those old posts and renamed my url in an attempt to thrwart the invasion of my privacy. Hence the name "undergroundmuse" in my url. I had to 'go into hiding', so to speak. I thought that name was amusingly appropriate. Yeah, now you know the story behind the name.

I went through those old archives the other day and decided that I will slowly and discriminately repost some of those old posts. They won't all happen all at once, but you can check in from time to time in the archives to see what old goodies I've decided to repost.

It was interesting because a lot of the insights I first wrote about had been forgotten, so it was eye-opening to know see how I've changed, how I've grown, how I've regressed, and who has come and gone in my life. It's good to do a periodic review sometimes, I guess. I think that's where the faith in upkeeping this blog comes into play. I write because I enjoy it, because it's cathartic, and because it helps to process lessons and record experiences. But the truer meaning in all of this is that I hope to read back on it all with gratitude and clarity, knowing that the journey was well worth it to get me to this perfect moment in the present.

4 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger M. said...

Interestingly enough, when I get to the final year of my "Enemy" story, you'll see how she actually took my blog, printed it out in it's entirety, highlighted everything I said that was either negative about a family member or divulged something about myself I didn't want my parents to know, and MAILED it to my mom at my father's company address and to my sister at our old home address (sis had moved, but it got forwarded to her). That blog was closed down immediately...

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Mandy,

She really did that? That's crazy! Did the family read the posts? What ended up happening?

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger M. said...

Yes she really did that. My sister read it, my parents did not...anyway, you'll have to wait and see exactly how that all played out. ;)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Man, you are killing me by withholding the details! Ha ha...

OK! I will keep on reading the story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker