Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Heeeey, Beautiful!!

Ugh.

Something about this guy I know really bugs me.

G is a guy that I recently met. He's from Brazil and he's quite handsome! Yes, he's quite easy on the eyes! :-)

But the minute he opens his mouth I just want to run the other way. It's interesting how personality can affect attraction, isn't it? What a shame...! Such a cutie, too!

Everytime he greets me, it's with a, "Heeey, Beautiful", or "How's my Sweetie Pie?", or "You look tired. I think you need a back rub." Eeeww!!! No way is smooth talk like that going to get me into his good graces! No way. I wish I could convey the tone and body language he uses over blogger, but I think you get the point.

He's just a friend of a friend, but every bad interaction with a guy right now is just making generalize, so humor me for a bit, ok?

All I ask is for ONE decent date with a nice, single and interesting guy to restore my faith in men. Just ONE! Is that too much to ask? Well, CB (whom I previously wrote about) was one, but come on. There's gotta be at least TWO out there, right?? Right??

I'm just not liking men these days, can't you tell?

*sigh*

I can see my future now...

The big house, the white picket fence, 5 dogs, 10 cats, and a bird.
aka "Poor Auntie Muse never found her man".

Or...

The awesome aunt who spoils her nieces and nephews.
aka "She's so good with kids. It's a shame she never had children of her own."

*sigh*

I'm off to dinner! Ciao!

4 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger b said...

Have faith. Have hope. Enjoy being in the now.

note to self: take ones own advice :O)

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Poly Dad said...

Silly 'ol bear.

You know when you lose your keys and you try real hard to find them, but you can't? You try to go over every detail of your past to figure out where they are, but no matter how hard you think you can't find the keys. However, when you relax, stop trying to find the keys and put your hands in your pockets - you find your keys.

Ie: Don't over think this. Relax, little lady. When you stop looking for a partner, one always appears.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet talk has it's place and I think it's got the wanted effects when used rarely and with precise timing.

Don't give up and think about this: it's whole lot better to be that aunt with 143 pets (fishes included) than spending miserable life with some sleazy sweet talker who propably will talk sweet to someone else after the wedding bells have stopped..

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

grapple has great advice and I think it's true.

Relax, focus on yourself, and the rest will follow.

I think meeting the right person is part self-confidence, part luck, part taking advantage of opprtunities, and of course all the stars have to be completely aligned. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker