Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love Ramblings

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 (NIV)

------------------------------------

I can't seem to concentrate today.

Today started off an an 'ok' note. I had a moment this morning. Just a fickle thought, a longing... a sincere realization that it's been a long, long, long time since I've just been held by someone...held by someone I really liked, anyway. :-P I really wanted that this morning. I just wanted to have one of those seemingly mundane mornings with your sig other, where you ask the simple things, like 'how's your day looking?', or 'what do you feel like having for dinner later?'. It was just a thought and a recognition of that longing I had. No tears or real sadness in that moment. Ironically, I took that moment to give thanks. Perhaps another awakening of sorts happened, or maybe a real effort on my part these days to adjust the perspective has been happening, but I gave thanks for knowing what "true love" felt and looked like. And then I was filled hope and an 'inner knowing' that I'd find it again someday. I know I'll know it when I find it. I really believe that.

I know what I want and in the deepest recesses of my being I won't settle for less than what is 'rightfully' mine on the ethereal level - a cosmic meeting of minds and hearts with the person who is meant to share in my journey and who, in partnership, will hopefully pass along those intangible truths to our children and have that love reflected in our home.

I'm frustrated. Just absolutely exhausted and tired of the search and dating right now. But again, this is just a moment. A captured thought, a captured feeling, a captured moment.

Anyway...this is kind of funny...I already have another date lined up this week. Someone I have been conversing with since around November. Our schedules just haven't been able to sync up yet. So no true worries, ya'all. I know what I want and each time I get disappointed I know it just reaffirms my inner knowing of what it is I'm looking for, and it just brings me that much closer to the 'it' that I am seeking.

Blessings. Now go hug someone for the heck of it.

*hugs*

-RM

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

:)

happy valentine's Day RM.

It will come, I am sorry you are feeling that longing though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker