Wednesday, February 08, 2006

National Prayer Breakfast

I have no idea when or where the National Prayer Breakfast took place. I vaguely remember hearing about it in the news some time ago. I just read Bono's speech through another blog, and the excerpt below stood out to me. Something about it made me pause and ponder.

Read Bono's entire speech here.


"A number of years ago, I met a wise man who changed my life. In countless ways, large and small, I was always seeking the Lord's blessing. I was saying, you know, I have a new song, look after it. I have a family, please look after them. I have this crazy idea...

And this wise man said: stop.

He said, stop asking God to bless what you're doing.

Get involved in what God is doing - because it's already blessed."



3 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger b said...

I love Bono

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

good one.

I saw them in concert when they came to Boston, Navy Boy is VERY big fan, it was fun.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

I LOVE Bono, too! I've seen him i concert a few times too. One of which I snuck into because I wanted to see him so badly! But that's another story for another time :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker