Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dunno...

This evening I stopped to pick up Chinese food on the way home from the gym.

As I was waiting for my order, a family of 3 adults and 1 child (about 6 years old) came into the restaurant to order take-out too. They sat down in the waiting area with me, never really saying much to each other. After a few minutes of silence, they each took out a cell phone and one by one called up someone. Even the kid pulled out a cell phone but he used it to play one of the games loaded on it.

It might have just been a one-time odd occurrence for that family, but it was interesting to observe. They just seemed so uncomfortable doing nothing for a few minutes. It was weird.

Have we gotten so out of touch with each other that we can't just sit and be together, whether that place is at home or in a restaurant?

I'm a bit unsettled by it for some reason.

Dunno...

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

Weird. I hate that.

I remeber being on vacation with Navy Boy and family. We went to a nearby park, playing with the kids.

A guy was with his 5 year old son, talking on his cellphone. I really wanted to say, "Can't you put it down and spend some time withyour kid???"

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger b said...

What about parents at the beach talking on their cells? Enjoy your family for crying out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker