Tuesday, February 28, 2006

10 Things I Love About My Sister

My sister's birthday is coming up in April. I was thinking about her this morning and, as usual, she brings a smile to my face. :-) I was thinking about all the wonderful things she is to me, and all the wonderful things she has done for me. Here's a top 10 just for her!

In no particular order...

-------------------------------


10 Things I Love About My Sister


1. She's got a great ear and talent for music. Not only can she play piano, violin, and guitar (among other instruments), she can carry a tune and is one heck of a karaoke singer!

2. When we were kids she'd make up the best games to play when we were bored.

3. She's full of goodness right down to the core. I've only seen her really pissed off maybe a handful of times in my life.

4. She has an abundance of patience.

5. Her ability to live with our mom, and the fact that she chose to let my mom live with her despite my mom having her own home and being fully healthy and active.

6. The way we cry at sappy scenes in movies or tv shows, especially at one particular episode of "Highway to Heaven". We are such cornballs!

7. The time she gave me a knuckle sandwich when...umm...I was being mean to her once. Hey, we were kids and she dared me to do it! It still gives me a good laugh!

8. The way that she parents. I've never heard her complain when she's been up all night with the kids and then still gets herself to work the next day.

9. I love her courage and sense of adventure. She took a job transfer from Texas to Japan in her mid-20's and spent nearly a decade there. She really discovered who she was, met her husband there (a military guy from Pennsylvania), had her first child there, and really transformed into a beautiful woman, wife, mother, and an even more wonderful sister and daughter. I'm SO glad she's back in Arizona!

10. The way she can never correctly say, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". It always comes out "Teenage Mutant Turtles Ninja"or some other odd variation! It's quite funny!


The list could go on, but I'll save the rest for another day. :-)

I love my sis! She's the best! :-)

10 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger M. said...

That's great that you and your sis are close. My sister and i were never close until recently. It's taken us about 26 years to have a relationship where we can talk and not argue.

 
At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, how sweet. I hope my girls will be that close.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Mrs. G.F. said...

I don't have a sister. I always wanted one.

This makes me wish I had one even more.

:)

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the sweetest thing! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Highlandgal said...

Wonderful tribute. Sounds like you have a great relationship. I'll bet you really missed her when she was in Japan.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Mandy - *This* sis I always adored. I have another sis and that relationship is definitely not as nice! :-P

Rigelber - Your girls are adorable! It's great that they've got each other!

SM - No sister? Did you have brothers? My relationship with my brothers is another story, too! Gotta love the fmaily dynamics!

Mabel- :-)

Highlandgal - I really did miss her a lot, but it was a great opportunity for her, and I got to visit and explore a new country often!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger 4texans said...

awww, that's sweet, I always wanted a sister. It's my hope that my girls will have that kind of bond!

I have a brother, but we're not close.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

4texans,

Yeah, bro-sis relationships are so weird, aren't they?

Just wait until I do a top ten about *that* relationship! It won't be as sweet! Ha ha...

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger b said...

Here's an odd thing. I left a comment an hour ago, and it's gone!

What I wrote was that I loved your list. I asked if your sister reads your blog, and if not suggested that you send it to her. She'd definitely want to see it.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

B,

Weird. I also just took a look and noticed my post to your "Inspiration" entry didn't post. Bloggie acting up again, I guess!

My sis doesn't read my blog, but I was thinking about sending a version of the list to her for her bday.

We're such saps, 'tho. She'll prolly cry for days if I gave her the list. Ha ha...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker