Thursday, December 08, 2005

Vienna On My Mind

I'm listening to my Vienna Teng cd's right now. I LOVE her music.

I discovered her before she became as popular as she has in the bay area. I saw her once in a coffee shop and was hooked. I've gone to a ton of her shows and organize outings to see her whenever I can. I've since introduced all of my friends to her and now we're all fans, although I'm still the president of our fan club. :-P I try to plug her whenever I can 'cuz I think she's got real talent, more than some of the really popular bands out there these days.

Her first album, "Waking Hour", is different than her second album, "Warm Strangers", so it's a tough call when trying to decide which I prefer. If you're looking for something different, something moving, something a bit poetic and bit ethereal in nature, check out her "Waking Hour" cd. For something more instrumental and pop-ish, go for her "Warm Strangers" album.

For those of you who don't know her she's a Stanford computer science grad who worked for Cisco for a while, then quit to pursue her love of music. She has since been writing, composing, performing, and touring all over the US, and recently did a small stint in parts of Europe - yay! I'm SO proud of her, and just SO in awe of watching her career blossom the way it has. And to think I knew her way back when! :-)

Anyway, she's got some upcoming shows in the bay area...check her out if you can and let me know what you think!

I love all of her songs, but the ones closer to my heart: Eric's Song (which I thought would be nice to played at my wedding) and Lullabye For A Stormy Night (which always makes me sappy and makes me think of my nephew), Say Uncle (makes me think of those who have departed from my life)...and I could go on. Her music truly moves me and some day...some day I'd love for her to play at my bday or wedding.

Ha ha...those silly thoughts. I am such a girl. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker