Thursday, December 08, 2005

Am I Good, Or Am I Good??

Done!

I went into the room that had the desk. Turns out the lamp had a burnt out bulb and no replacement bulb was to be found anywhere else in the house, so I had to disassemble the thing in semi-darkness. I didn't want to bother with bringing in a lamp from another room, and what the heck. It made it more fun to do so. I love a challenge! :-) Ha ha!

In less than an hour I took that darn thing apart!! And I didn't even have the right tools!! Hee hee...There was one piece that had dowels glued into it, and no visible screws or means to take it apart. With shear, brute force, I managed to rip it apart. Well...ok, a bit of a wiggle back and forth a few times and then a hard pull and the pieces came apart. :-/ But humor me and tell me how strong and independent I am, ok?? :-P

Anyway, now the pieces of wood are stacked up, ready for disposal tomorrow. I was going to load them into my car tonight, but then I remembered I have an 8AM concall. I thought it would be better not to load the car because it would mean a later bedtime, although I'm not too tired due to Quickly combo A. Ha ha!

Oh! I happened to see my plant. My poor, neglected houseplant. My Euphorbia. My dear, dear, DEAR Euphorbia! I couldn't find a pic online...but that thing. It's such hearty plant! It's not your ordinary houseplant, no sirree, bob! :-P It can go for weeks without water and still look beautiful! It blooms tiny pink blossoms - just enough color to make it cooler than your usual green houseplant. And the leaves - a dark green color and not the muddy green you usually see on other plants. I took a few minutes to tend to it. Apologized to it for the neglect. Gave it a good dose of H2O. Thanked it for hanging on, and then put it in it's place to do it's thing - to brighten the room and remind me of the little things that make a home a home. :-)

All is settling down for the evening here in the home of the Rambling Muse.

May God bless us, each and every one!

Amen!

:-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker