Monday, December 05, 2005

Something Bigger Going On

I'm not sure what to post, only that I feel like something pretty signficant is happening, like my own cosmos are colliding in some way.

I've been thinking about recent world events, and with so many natural disasters going on, I was already wondering if it things were a reflection of something bigger, something that the man upstairs is trying to tell me, tell us, tell the world, something.

Then I had my random chance encounter with MN2 in DC, which I mentioned in a previous post.

Then I had been thinking about "M" and my new blogging friends, "Sugar" ;-) whom I have recently begun chatting with, and Angellicus whom our connection to God and outlook on life seem quite similar, and other recent random chance encounters that I firmly believe are not coincidences in any form for fashion.

Today I come into work and two of my co-worker's mothers have recently fallen ill. What are the chances that a small group of 9 would have two such incidences happening within a few days of each other? Dunno...even if those "odds" are the norm, it's hitting waaay too close to home.

Something significant is speaking to me through these circumstances, and I am trying my best to hold firm to the things that matter, which is what this particular post is about.

I'm still forming some thoughts on it, but what I can tell you right now is that during these circumstances that bring up fear and deep-rooted concerns, it is when you realize what is most important and the challenge is holding firm to those things. The love for family, for friends, for good health, or for the simple joys in life.

Acknowledge the fears, and focus on what is in your control. I can't control an earthquake, a sudden illness, or a random accident, but I can take action to let you know I care about you, about your circumstances, about your life and your well-being.

I'm keeping all of you in my prayers, in my thoughts, and in my heart.

Blessings and remember to give thanks for all that is well in your life. :-)

With much love,
The Rambling Muse :-)

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

:-)

You're a bright spot in my day, too.

I agree that we are limited by our secular bodies. But that is why we plant ourselves in God's grace.

Blessings...

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker