Sunday, December 04, 2005

I Had Another "Moment"

One of the gals in my pace group is married with kids. Each week her family comes out to cheer her on. Her husband and kids bring their bikes and ride around the marina area, every so often they ride by to check on mom.

She's such a wonderful lady and has always been a bright light during the training runs. To see her family support her every weekend gives me a warm fuzzy to know that there are still families like that out there. Who would get up at 6AM to cheer someone on when they don't have to? And her kids, too!

I got a bit wistful wishing I had someone there to cheer me on, too. I wish I had someone to come home to after the run to rub my feet and to tell all about the training run. I get a bit sad to think I'll be running in Miami without a cheering section. Of course I will have "M" and maybe AM and WG there, but you know. I wish I'd have someone's arms to run into at the end of the race, or someone to snuggle up to later that night who could share in the experience with me. :-(

Ok. Must stop or else this will be a BIG "moment".

1 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

I know. I trust in the timing.

"The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'"
- Genesis 2:18 (NIV)

We're meant to share our lives with someone. That's how we were designed.

I'm still searching, too.

*hugs* to both of you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker