Friday, December 09, 2005

Ready for Bed!

My teeth are brushed. :-D

I had a weird moment in the bathroom. Eh. Not *that* kind of moment. :-P

I had Vienna Teng still playing and her song, "Homecoming", was playing. I've listened to her music thousands of times and know all of her songs by heart. But for some reason, this evening these particular lyrics spoke to me:

I just want to be living as I'm dying
just like everybody here
just want to know my little flicker of time is worthwhile
and I don't know where I'm driving to
but I know I'm getting old
and there's a blessing in every moment every mile

And that moment. You know those moments when something you 'got' was something you *REALLY GOT*?? Those moments when you see something thoroughly in all of it's essence and potentialities and realities?? I had the realization that I'm dying. We're all dying. I am the healthiest I've ever been in my life with all the marathon training I've been doing, but in reality, we're all dying. It's all just a matter of *when*.

And then I asked myself, "Have I even begun to live?"

I think so...

I hope so...

I have.

But I have SO much more living to do!

And I'd better get crackin'! :-)

Good night, sweet dreams!

Love ya bunches!

Catch you in the morning! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker