Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Inner Beauty

I found this bible verse on another blogger's site.

1 Peter 3:3,4 - "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment ... Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

I've been thinking recently about beauty and attraction, and what it is really all about. I'm more about character and the person than I am about the outward appearance and first impressions these days.

I really long for someone to see the depths of my soul, to know me completely and to understand my emotions and my reactions to things. I've never been one to care about looks or for the latest and greatest gadgets. Looks, money, status, fame. These are things that have low value to me. Your true worth and value to me is in your thoughts you share, the feelings you express, and the times when we are experiencing ordinary moments together. Who is that person behind the facade? Show me who that is, and I will see real and lasting beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker