Tuesday, December 06, 2005

There's Still Hope

Since I was in a bad mood last night, post ant detail, I browsed some blogs and came across one in particular that really touched me. I've only come across 3 blogs in the last year that have a certain effect on me, all written by women who were seeking, and eventually found, the love of their life.

As I read their stories, my heart leapt as they told their story of heartache, of soul-searching, and of knowing the moment when they found their love.

In my past relationships, I sort of "just knew" when I liked a guy, although I can't say it was ever love at first sight. There was attraction, yes, something much more than just an observation that the guy was cute or funny. Something undescribable that somehow drew me to him, but immediate feelings of love? No.

As I read their stories, it just never ceases to amaze me when I hear how people met their mates, or to hear the moment(s) when they "just knew" it was meant to be. One gal wrote that while she may fight and argue with her mate, she also knows that she is not the same without him, that through all the downs she is still certain of his love and his faithfulness to her. And that living life without him is unthinkable. How sweet is that?

Another gal wrote of a strange moment of familiarity, and how she held back because the situation was such that it didn't seem appropriate to follow through on an action. Later, after talking to her partner, without her having to state it, that particular moment in which she had held back earlier, was when he also felt that same familiarity, and that is when they both knew they were in love with the each other. An instant connection in one cosmic moment. That's just amazing.

I've gotten a bit jaded and cynical about such type of love. A couple of years earlier I would not dare to write of my hopes and dreams in a blog, for fear that I'd be expressing unobtainable dreams and desires. Thinking of myself as a silly girl with silly dreams. In the recent year, however, I have begun to have hope and faith again, of finding my soulmate, my lover, my companion, and of knowing that when I do, our own story will have it's own magical aura to it, and that just like the other bloggers, I'll have my own moment of "knowing", and that the person I am with is the place where I belong.

Soon.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker