Monday, December 05, 2005

Crap Diagnosis or I've Got A Tight Arsh

Back from the dr.'s.

I was "diagnosed" with CMP aka Chondromalacia Patella.

I did a quick yahoo search and I am rather bothered by what I found. Sounds like I've got a crap diagnosis or a very legit issue.

The doctor kept making lame jokes about old age and my body falling apart in old age. What a dork.

Anyway, he had me simulate a few physical therapy positions to check out the knee. There was one in particular where I had to lie on my side and extend my leg backwards and let it rest on the table. My leg never reached the table and had a bit of "spring" to it. Apparently the muscle that runs down the back of my leg and up my arsh is a bit tight, hence my "tight arsh" comment in the title. Nothing wrong with that muscle or situation at all. It just means there's a bit more strain on the knee during physical activity than if the muscle were a more stretched out. So he suggested some physical therapy to add some flexibility to that muscle.

I dunno...his bedside manner wasn't the best. I left there feeling like a number and not as a person who was trying to be proactive about her health.

Ah...the healthcare system...there's a potential post on that topic as well. :-\

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Your dr.'s appt is probably the only time you get "examined" by a woman.

*whatever*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker