Friday, December 02, 2005

Fri Nov 25, 2005; 2:45AM; On the Overnight Train from Rome to Venice

We're stopped at a station platform called Plato Centrale. We're on the way to Venice. MN, CT, and JC are all asleep.

I had the top bunk.

Thurs Nov 24, 2005

Spent Thanksgiving in Vatican City. Saw the Sistine Chapel, saw the portrait of The Last Supper, Pope John Paul II's tomb, St. Peter's Basilica, St. Peter's Square, The Forum. Had dinner at Rick Steve's (the budget travel guru) recommended restaurant. I can't find the name on Google, but will look it up in the guidebook when I get it back. It was an old church converted into a restaurant. Way cool.

We tried to be spontaneous on the metro and got off on a random stop called, Emanuele. Our tix was for one metro ride up to 75 minutes on the the metro, NOT multiple stops within 75 minutes. Ha ha. Lesson learned. Good times. :-)

-----

In case you were wondering why I didn't put in separate posts for these two dates...I am copying my journal to this blog as is (or as close to copying as I can get) . The written form will more or less be the same as the typed form.

If anything...I wonder why in the middle of the night on the train I felt I had to write about this particular experience? Interesting, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker