Saturday, November 19, 2005

Living in Teepees

I sat here for a long while wanting to post, but not knowing what to post. The creative juices weren't flowing, nor was there much analyzing going on up there.

So I sit here and watch Dave Letterman. Senator John McCain was on and I got excited for a moment. He hails from my home state of Arizona and while I am not one to get particularly excited about politics, I think he's got solid character and I admire him for it. He's coming out with a new book called, "Character is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember". It sounds like an interesting book I'd like to check out. My first thought was that perhaps it would make a good Christmas gift for my nephew. I miss my little buddy SO much! :-) Anyway, find out more about the book at: http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780375728426

Then some actress comes on who is plugging her show, "Threshold". She talks about having kidney surgey of some sort when she was 4 years old, living in a teepee and bathing in a river in Paradise, California in the 1970s, and going to New York at age 13 and modeling for Elite Petite. This got me to thinking about the crazy paths we all take in life and how everyone has a story to tell and experiences that made them who they are.

Whether it's Senator McCain and his time as a prisoner of war, or this actress who lived in a teepee and bathed in a river, or whether it's a gal who was born in Arizona to Asian immigrant parents and who grew up on authentic mexican salsa, native american fry bread, and chinese dim sum. These stories make us who we are and we are not to take our history lightly. Embrace each person as you see them NOW, but always allow room for their story to unfold.

Blessings to all. Sweet dreams and good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker