Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Travelling Hopefully

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive."
- Robert Louis Stevenson


This quote is the latest entry in another blog I've got. That other blog is full of quotes and thought-provoking tidbits I find here and there. If not profound, then at the very least they've resonated with me to some degree worthy enough for me to make note of them. In due time I'll be sharing them with all of you over on this here blog, so have patience, young Jedi!

Hope has become an interesting concept to me these past few months. What is it about hope that keeps our spirit alive and gives us the energy to persevere towards the seemingly unobtainable goal? Is it not a fine line between fantasy and disillusionment, or is that just me? Can hope ever really be present and rooted in reality? If reality was 'as good as it gets', then why would we really need hope in the first place?

As I grow in my infinite wisdom (ha ha...), those deep desires I have within my heart become more and more elusive and yet, ironically, at the same time I've become more certain that someday I'll "know-it-when-I-find-it", whatever that 'it' really is.

The real trick is taking your reality and living as if you were certain in the things you hope for. I guess that is the essence of faith, isn't it?. Faith in action and living by faith. Nebulous concepts, but part of life nonetheless.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
- Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker