Thursday, January 12, 2006

14 Miles!!!

I DID IT!!

Yay!!

I took this morning off from work and went with a friend to one of the running trails up north. I wanted to get my 14 miles over with and I couldn't believe I did it!!

I ran the first 10 or 11 miles without any problems, then I started to get a funny twitch in my calf muscles. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I took it very easy the last few miles and mostly power walked to the end. I'm not too familiar with those sensations in my legs, but after talking to some people, I think it was the onset of cramps. Yikes!

I'm fine now, but both my knees are a bit sore. The sore knees were expected since I tend to get that every time I hike or run more than 7 or 8 miles. I was surprised at the cramps, 'tho. I will have to be very careful at the event. I'd sure hate to get all the way there just to have something happen and not be able to complete it.

I love the new sportswatch my sister got me for Christmas. It's got all the cool interval timers, cool functions and settings that help me with the training.

Yay! I am just in awe of this whole process!

Miami is less than two weeks away! I got my official itinerary in the mail yesterday, which made it all seem SO real!! I can't wait!!

Yay!

6 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger b said...

Wow! I really have no words. i have never walked, never mind run 14 miles. You're awesome!

-B

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger b said...

Hey will this marathon you're running in FL qualify you to run in Boston?

Oh, come to Boston!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...

Your almost here...woo hoo!!! Looking forward to it. How quickly time passes.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Thanks everyone! It's certainly a milestone!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

b,

I've never done this before in my life either! I'm going from the couch to the event! Seriously.

I guess I just needed a new challenge in my quarter life, you know? :-P

I doubt I'll run another one, so Boston Marathon ain't in my plans (but never say never...!). :-)

I like Boston. I used to travel there a lot in my old job.

But I agree with Walter.

SF Rocks!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger b said...

I agree too. I was in SF in October for a conference. It was my first time there, and I stayed for 5 days and nights. Loved every minute of it, and dream of going back. Someday....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker